Default Another not-honey recipe

Easy Easy Key Lime Pie

crust of your choice (graham cracker, regular flour crust, or cornmeal crust- I have a recipe for cornmeal crust if anyone wants it)

Pie filling ingredients:

2 cans sweetened condensed milk
    10 egg yolks
    6-8 oz key lime juice

Prepare pie crust and bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, remove from oven.
    Mix pie filling ingredients together well, and pour into pie crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

After cooled completely, top with whipped cream topping (1 cup heavy whipping cream and 3 TBSP sugar whipped together until fluffy)

Chill overnight, serve, enjoy.
    So many weeds.......so little time.

Thank's D/F!!

Key Lime is my favorite! All the neighborhood kids always thought I was strange growing up. Instead of getting a standard birthday cake all I ever wanted was either a Key Lime Pie or Lemmon Meringue Pie.
    Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afraid to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    Thank's D/F!!

Key Lime is my favorite! All the neighborhood kids always thought I was strange growing up. Instead of getting a standard birthday cake all I ever wanted was either a Key Lime Pie or Lemmon Meringue Pie.
    Me too, Derek! Instead of a cake, I would always request a pie for my birthday - pumpkin was my favorite... I'm glad I'm not the only strange one!

BTW, instead of Key Lime, I've used plain 'ol lemon juice in the above recipe, and it will fool most folks who think it is Key Lime...

MM

This reminded me of the time I was on the quest for the perfect Key Lime pie recipe. One version I made had meringue, and I must have done something wrong. The pie looked great, but when I went to cut it, the entire meringue top stuck to the knife and came off the pie. I was laughing so hard (holding the knife with a disc of meringue stuck on it) that I could not fininsh slicing. It has gone down in family history as the "Tar-Baby Meringue" pie.

By the way, the best Key Lime pie is found at the Crow's Nest restaurant in the Cayman Islands.
    “The keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.” -Henry David Thoreau

DF said the best Key Lime Pie was at her house?
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by MapMan View Post
    BTW, instead of Key Lime, I've used plain 'ol lemon juice in the above recipe, and it will fool most folks who think it is Key Lime...

MM
    You know, I've been thinking about making one that way- I bet it tastes like a really rich lemon meringue. That was my favorite (that and pumpkin) when I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzybee View Post
    DF said the best Key Lime Pie was at her house?
    I didin't say it was the best, but it is easy, plus very high on the good pie scale. I'm all about easy and good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobie View Post

By the way, the best Key Lime pie is found at the Crow's Nest restaurant in the Cayman Islands.
    My wife and I are aficionado's of Key Lime pies - every place we go that serves the treat, we will order a slice and try it out. Funny, but we have never found a pie in the Florida Keys that was good ... But once we stopped off at a place (a dilapidated 'ol place off of Florida Rt.1 on the way to the Keys) that made the best pie that we've ever tasted. I've certain that the place is long gone - this was over thirty years ago...

This recipe that DF posted is simple and good - we've made it dozens of times, so it is highly recommended!

MM

Oh, we like cheesecake too - and my wife does make the best cheesecakes - made them for restaurants in the past...

OK MM if you don't sneak her cheesecake recipe out while she's not looking and post it, were going to have to cut you off!
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzybee View Post
    OK MM if you don't sneak her cheesecake recipe out while she's not looking and post it, were going to have to cut you off!
    Agreed. I've been looking for a good cheesecake recipe for 30 years. Come out with it MM!

I'll tell you what. As a way to help Barry fund this site, I'll PM the recipe to individuals who pledge donations to Beesource. Hit the "Make A Donation" button on the main page.

MM

BTW, it is a great recipe - New York Style... Gonna make one for a benefit coming up this weekend. A young father of three is stricken down with cancer, and we're helping with medical costs.

Default Key Lime Pie

We went to Key Largo Fl in January. I have to admit that the key lime pie is really good there as well. We had dinner at Mrs. Mac's Kitchen, they serve a key lime freeze that is outstanding.

Thanks

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by MapMan View Post
    I'll tell you what. As a way to help Barry fund this site, I'll PM the recipe to individuals who pledge donations to Beesource. Hit the "Make A Donation" button on the main page.

MM

BTW, it is a great recipe - New York Style... Gonna make one for a benefit coming up this weekend. A young father of three is stricken down with cancer, and we're helping with medical costs.

I have made two in the last two weeks. Verify it with Barry. I will make another that says Key Lime.

Oh, we like cheesecake too - and my wife does make the best cheesecakes - made them for restaurants in the past...
    This is the one I want.
    Last edited by Hambone; 05-15-2009 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Donation made
    Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afraid to move.

Default Re: Another not-honey recipe

Please post the cornmeal crust. That is one that I do not have.

Clinton Bemrose
    Beekeeper
    Clinton Bemrose<br />just South of Lansing Michigan<br />Beekeeping since 1964