Better think carefully
Along with being a beekeeper, I am also a RN at a busy emergency room. We frequently see allergic reactions, some with anaphylaxis like you experienced. I agree that you definitely need to see an allergist before going any further with thinking about getting a few hives.
Epi pens work, there is no doubt about that, but we usually need to use more than that with a severe reaction...we also give IV Benadryl, steroids and sometimes the patient even needs a breathing treatment with the epinephrine. If after being tested by an allergist they think it's okay for you to be around bees then go ahead...enjoy! I think the other poster was correct in stating that you can have allergy shots to decrease your reaction to bee venom, that would probably be your best bet.
Wish you luck in this. I think I would be the same or worse as I have access to all the meds to treat myself if necessary.
"Life is like riding a bike. It is impossible to maintain your balance while standing still."...Linda Brakeall