Default AFB spores, scale pictures under microscope

hi! does anyone know of any urls or have any pictures regarding what AFB might look like if viewed under a microscope for both brood and dried scales in comb cells? I came across some old frames that looked questionable and was thinking about looking at them under a microscope (i used to work in a lab and have friends that still do and therefore may have access to a microscope where I could look at the comb under magnification.) But never having seen it before, I was curious as to if there were any pics online that might show what to look for under a microscope, especially when dried and scales had formed.

thanks in advance!

Ps- i've seen the pics where it ropes out, but i'm more interested in what it might look like if there were dried scales as the frames are old and there isn't fresh brood to look at.

Thanks, that is a start!

I was also hoping also for a closeup of some cells though as they appeared under the magnification of the scope too. If you know of any other closeups feel free to pass those along too!

Thanks again!

FYI - That image is looking into the bottoms of the cells. So, the top of the image is the bottom of the comb. The scale is the dried puddle of goop that was the diseased larva.

If you have old comb that is questionable, get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardilla View Post
    FYI - That image is looking into the bottoms of the cells. So, the top of the image is the bottom of the comb. The scale is the dried puddle of goop that was the diseased larva.

If you have old comb that is questionable, get rid of it.

I am curious though about finding out if it was "infected" or if it is just really old. If it was old and infected I would like to know so that I know what to look for in the future. Apparently when buying nucs, lots of people swap combs when they are made and who knows if they treated the nuc prophylactically with antibiotics. And if they did, there might be a possibility of the disease being there at a sub-clinical level, correct? I'm just trying to learn what to look for as it is such a long lasting disease and I want to avoid bringing it home with me.