Smile Fresh into Beekeeping in the Finger lakes Region of New York State

Hello,

I am fresh from Cornell's Apprentice Beekeeping Seminar (last Sat.) and decided that I could not wait until next year to get bees. I found Italian bees at Drapers (in Millerton, Pa.), drove there after work, put the hives together that night and into the next day and put the bees in yesterday. All seems well. I keep looking out my kitchen window at the hive.

I need to join my local Bee Club. The people I work with, I suspect, think I am slightly nuts as I try to tell them about my bees.

So I am here for freindship and support.

Nancy
    Ovid, NY

Welcome aboard Nancy. Join that club and you will have all the new friends that you will need to support you in your new adventure.

You've decided to join a new tribe, the Beekeeper Tribe. Those not in it can't really understand it. But many who are not in it think it is neat that others are. Enjoy.
    Mark Berninghausen "Ships at a distance have every man's wish on board." Zora Neale Hurston

Thanks Mark. It sure is a different group.
    Nancy

Different is good.
    Mark Berninghausen "Ships at a distance have every man's wish on board." Zora Neale Hurston

Default Welcome

Congratulations on starting the bees. We have just begun this year too, with the encouragement of our daughter, who also is in the finger lakes region (Geneva), continuing her research in entymology at Cornell. Likewise, we look out our windows and can see the hive as well. Have fun.