Default Got a Swarm! (From my own hive).

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/blog.php?b=24

There are some pictures there. This was my first swarm and my youngest child took the pictures... I picked the best of them out and posted them on my blog...

I had been in the hive just a week ago and saw no sign of a swarm. They weren't honey-bound, they had room, there wasn't any queen cells (there was a good amount of brood... )

Plus my hive was only operating for half of last summer, the queen started laying about the middle of July!

That story is the same as mine, they swarmed Friday and I caught them and put them in a nuc (the only equipment I had with me) the swarm was huge and I put a frame of brood and a frame of food from the parent colony in with them but I found the them in the same tree this past Sunday, the brood frame I put in the nuc had a queen cell (capped) that I missed so they made their own split. I put them in a 10 frame and they are happy. I put the frame with the queen cell back in the parent colony because I didn't need anymore hives, I am managing 4 with two jobs and a young family, if only we could live a rich life as beekeepers.

I put together a swarm box a couple of weeks ago, put in some swarm lure, put it in my walnut tree, and yesterday at 5:00 pm. a 4 to 5 pound swarm arrived! No one believed that if you build it they will come. My family thought I was crazy, look who’s laughing now!
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]