Default HELP! Building comb the wrong way!

I installed my bees a little over a week ago, I opened them up today to discover that they are building the comb the wrong way...and in a diangle. They are building the comb the long ways rather then the short way.

In my top bars I cut grooves in hopes that they would follow them. But they didn't!

What can I do to fix the comb? How can I remove the comb with out causing to much damage?

What are some ways I can encourage the bees to make the comb the correct way?

Please help!

Instead of just cutting grooves, cut a groove and add about 1/2" of thin wood glued into the groove. They'll start building the comb from the wood.

I don't have a picture of it, but I cut a groove then a thin strip of wood then glue that into the groove. They build comb off of it.

Here is a blurry photo that shows the comb already started on the strip of wood (I don't think I have a picture blurry or otherwise of one without comb at the moment. I'll look and if I have one I'll post it...

Ah, I found one.

This is a bar without any comb built onto the strip of wood that I place into the groove.

Sorry about the blurriness, the camera had something on the lens...

I live near you, I will try to help. Just sent you a message.