Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Renting Bee's

Quote Originally Posted by dbest View Post
    It is a rental, not a service. .
    Question: is there labor envolved ?
    : is there equipment envolved ?
    :is there any other source of income other than rental ?
    : what percent of percepatation do you play a part of ?

DBest...... good luck.

I don't understand the "good luck" part. This is common practice. Its how I've been doing it for years as have other beekeepers. My mother is Tax professional. Just like renting farms out and farm machinery. I know farmers that rent out dairy cows. I've know a farm that rents bulls for mating. You act like I made this up in an attempt to screw the gov't. I almost forgot about renting bee's for honey production.
    Last edited by Bizzybee; 05-23-2009 at 10:29 AM.
    I am holding on to the hope I have inside... Kutless

I almost forgot about renting bee's for honey production.
    how do you do that? in my operation i own the bees personaly but rent them to my company thus it takes all the liability and responsibility of the hives, this cuts down on the tax.

Just like renting farms out .
    OK, I will try one more time. Denny, who puts the bees in the orchard?
    Who machine (forklift) is it ? Who is the person that is caring for the hives?

This is not renting.... this is a service.

You have put a label of "renting" on it, but your company is doing ALL the work,ie, (labor, resources, knowlege,winter locations ect...)

All of that is inevitable. I am a honey producer that "rents" bees when there is nothing else for them to be doing. Just like a dairy farmer that rents out cattle to other farmers. When I rent out farm land I still have to run the drainage maintain the PH of the soil, pick the rocks, trim the trees off of the head lands and the government calls it rent. So is it a "Land service" ? When I rent a back hoe who changes the oil, stores it, picks it up and drops it off, absorbs all of the problems?
    Last edited by Bizzybee; 05-23-2009 at 10:29 AM.

just cause you can find a CPA or whatever that says do it this way or that and you never get a letter from the IRS does not mean squat.

in fact more then one IRS auditor may also have two separate opinions.

You could cruise your whole life filing one way or another and then like Willie Nelson end up owing back taxes when you are 78 years old and can't get out of your chair to crack a lid anymore.

call the IRS from a payphone and run that rental scheme by them - and then call back and ask the next Shmoe who answers the phone the same thing and see what you get for answers. please let us know what they say.

Default Bud

Are you sure? I was thinking that Denny was ahead because they could only go back seven years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Dingler View Post
    just cause you can find a CPA or whatever that says do it this way or that and you never get a letter from the IRS does not mean squat.

in fact more then one IRS auditor may also have two separate opinions.

You could cruise your whole life filing one way or another and then like Willie Nelson end up owing back taxes when you are 78 years old and can't get out of your chair to crack a lid anymore.

call the IRS from a payphone and run that rental scheme by them - and then call back and ask the next Shmoe who answers the phone the same thing and see what you get for answers. please let us know what they say.

That's a little far fetched. I think I will just continue with what I'm doing, which is referred to as "common practice". I went to one of those fancy farm seminars and learned these big terms. You can continue to pay taxes how ever you see fit. Lord knows the government can use money.

Default okay so...

Back to the original meaning of the thread.. If a person wanted to get into pollination contracts, how many bees would be a good starter? I have people who continually ask if they can get some of my bees for their crops and my personal thought is, 'it is a small garden', and 'I don't have that many bees', so where do you start with it, and when should you quit the 'small time' and go big?? Has any beekeeper brought in their club to fulfill a contract??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12