Default Hello from the banks of the beautiful Susquehanna.

I am a 58 year old handyman and I am trying to become a beekeeper. My wife and I took the "Short Course" that the Capital Area Beekeepers just put on. It was a fine course and we are both excited. We got to handle some real bees in the last class and we are psyched! We have the equipment, all necessary tools and supplies but still no bees. Supposedly we are going to get a package soon.
    We live in uptown Harrisburg. We have a large, fenced lot behind my workshop so, even though we are deep in the heart of the city, we have a secure place for bees.
    I ordered bees in March, paid for, and was promised a package. Since that time the apparently friendly and helpful supplier (Bolling Bee Farms) seems to have disappeared, not responding to any form of inquiry.
    Thankfully, Waldo Apiaries has stepped-up and George has promised that we will have some soon.
    We are hoping for a second package from somewhere as we would like to have two hives going this year.
    I guess we'll see! Regardless, I am glad that a friend told me about this place and I look forward to learning from everyone!

Welcome Dave........ good to have you here.