Thread: Blue Tags?

Default Blue Tags?

Under the rating column there are tags on some of the threads. What are those for? You can't click on them or anything. You should change that to a hubcap, its seems to serve no purpose. Just along for the ride.
    Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afraid to move.

Blue Tags???????? Wat chu talkin about??

Click on Bee Forum. To the right of the powered sugar and the requeening threads are tags. 2 above the powered sugar one is a trash can. I know that means a post has been deleted. Not sure of the tags though.
    Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afraid to move.

Thanks Big D........... I haven't got a clue what they are for.
    Seach tag words??? The requeening one shows (comb, queen)
    and the powdered sugar (bellows, powdered). Like Google key
    words?????????

Sheesh............

That's the make Derek nuts tag!!!

Sorry no one told you about it but that would have taken away the fun, now wouldn't it!!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

added- nevermind, I'm not seeing a "rating column"?
    Last edited by Brenda; 05-15-2009 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenda View Post
    added- nevermind, I'm not seeing a "rating column"?
    In each section. Bee Forum, Bee Keeping 101, ect.. Just to the left of the last post column is the rating column, and in each thread started you will see a rate this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzybee View Post
    Sheesh............

That's the make Derek nuts tag!!!

Sorry no one told you about it but that would have taken away the fun, now wouldn't it!!

If I could start being included in the Monday morning Beesource creative meeting conference call that would be great.

Lol, ok. I just never noticed I guess.
    It looks like the blue tags are search tag words.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    Under the rating column there are tags on some of the threads. What are those for? You can't click on them or anything. You should change that to a hubcap, its seems to serve no purpose. Just along for the ride.
    Those are tags... Used for searching, if you wish. Look under search forums---> Tag Search...

MM

Got it. Thank you MM!!

I put the 2 tags in the powdered sugar category, just the other day.
    You're on it Derek. Just don't know what?
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by KQ6AR View Post
    You're on it Derek. Just don't know what?
    http://www.beesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228659

Default Re: Blue Tags?

Having puzzled over this myself, and finding nothing in FAQ, I searched for threads and found this discussion. I have figured out what some of the codes mean at the end of the thread title field. Since it took me so long to understand, I am posting here to save others time.

• A blue tag means there are some tags that have been posted for the thread. At the bottom of the page there can be a list of tags, there is a possibility of five. Anyone can fill them out at any time. Unfortunately neither posters nor readers (nor moderators) very often fill out the tags so they are not too useful for finding interesting threads. If it were otherwise, the search option for a 'tag search' could locate threads by topic, a nice feature when neither the title nor the post texts contain the topic label keyword that came to your mind first. Keywords normally are a list of synonyms that can serve as a topic label.
    • A paper clip means there is an attachment to the post in the thread. I am not sure why one might want to know but that is what the code means.
    • A medallion means that the moderator has edited, typically deleted, some content of the thread. Perhaps this means the thread is contentious, although most such deletions seem to be for extraneous or superfluous content rather than rudeness. Mostly the medallion is of no relevance to a potential reader.
    • A blue square with a check means that you are subscribed to that thread. You only see this if you are logged in, of course. This can be redundant on the arrow over the envelope at the left, which means you have posted to the thread, if you have things set so that you are automatically subscribed to threads when you post to them.
    • Stars are a rating system that readers can participate in. It would be more useful if readers were more diligently rating threads. Five stars is the best.
    • A thumb tack means the post is 'sticky' and has been placed at the top of the page by the forum management.