Thread: Has 2009

Reminder Has 2009

July 09, 2009

Description:
    The Heartland Apicultural Society (HAS) will host its annual summer conference July 9-11 (Thursday – Saturday) at Oberlin College in Oberlin, Ohio (west of Cleveland). This annual event is a three-day beekeeping educational conference with some of the top speakers from the United States. This event will include keynote talks by leading apiculture researchers and educators, classroom sessions, lab sessions, and hands-on sessions in the apiary. This year a queen rearing mini-course will be part of the program. In addition there will be many classes of interest for all levels of beekeeping expertise, including basic beginning beekeeping sessions for those new to beekeeping. Apiary sessions will include queen rearing mini-course sessions, beginning beekeeping sessions & many other sessions to build your beekeeping skill level & knowledge. And as in past years, there will be a trade show with many of the nation’s beekeeping supply companies and regional vendors present. In the evenings there will be entertainment and opportunities to get to know your fellow beekeepers better.
    Clinton Bemrose<br />just South of Lansing Michigan<br />Beekeeping since 1964

I'll be there

Hope to see you all -- sure wish they'd get the registration up on the website -- it's less than 2 months away... http://www.heartlandbees.com/

Default Registration is open...

It's been up for several days now, but if you weren't aware, you may now register for HAS.

Gripe: my boss has scheduled a special training course for the 2nd week of July, forcing me to cancel my plans to attend. Rats!

For those interested go to http://www.heartlandbees.com/ it has a lot of information about the meeting and the final update is scheduled for June 7th.

Clinton Bemrose
    Beekeeper

Default Re: Has 2009

Will be leaving Wednesday at noon for Oberlan Ohio for the HAS convention. Hope to see a lot of old friends and make some new ones. I'll be the old XXXX with the 5' tall walking stick. If you see me talk to me. Looking forward to meet you. Your only a stranger the first time.
    Clint

Wish I was goin but I drove over 5000 miles in June and dont fell like driven any more, have fun every one thats goin
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

Heading out tomorrow night, stop by our booth and say hi!
    www.maxantindustries.com
    American made Honey Processing Equipment "Built to last a lifetime"

Well, Clinton, I look forward to seeing you once again. Looks like I'm on the schedule to speak again.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Here we are at Oberlin Ohio at the HAS convention. Met with Michael Bush, Dr. Larry Conner and many others at registration. Looks like another great program with many breakout sessions. It is going to be tough choosing what classes we want to attend Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Clint

I had wished considered attending this year! Have fun for us Michiganders Clint!!

Thumbs Up Re: Has 2009

It was a GREAT meeting! Thanks to all who attended and the hard work of the volunteers and organizers.

Hope to see you in Tennessee next year!
    Blue Sky Bee Supply
    Quality Bee Supplies, Bees and Containers!

HAS 2009 was a great meet. 40 different classes from beginning to expert to choose from. The only problem was not being able to attend all of them and the rain storm Saturday morning. The food was good and the learning experance was great. We met many old friends and made many new friends. The attendance was lower than normal but the ones not attending missed a great meeting. The last attendance I saw Saturday was 255. We had many good speakers and learned a lot. The Ice cream social Friday was enjoyed by all and there was much talk about bees during the event.
    There were many venders there and I thank them for attending.
    Clint

As a brand new beekeeper this was such a terrific opportunity. In my backyard! It was great, the selection of classes and the wonderful people. I can't thank everyone enough. My friends in town that have offices in the King building, where the majority of the classes where held, mentioned how nice the beekeepers were.
    The number of choices each day for classes made me wish the day was longer so I could attend more. I missed one morning class just because I had so much fun chatting with people in the vendor area.
    Thank you all so much.

Thumbs Up Re: Has 2009

Clinton, it was nice to meet you finally. I agree the meeting was terrific! Lots of credit to the hard-working organizers form HAS & the Ohio folks. Well done! See you next year in Tennessee. -Danno