Default pics of my new TB hive

Wow, that is really nice! I plan on starting next year with a TBH. May I ask where you got the plans for it?

Very nice looking hive. I couldn't spot the entrance, so is it towards the wall? I am a bit jealous as I should have put mine on legs as well! So, building another before the season passes? We know you want to!

It looks like Phil Chandler's plans in 36" form: http://www.lulu.com/content/815182

Cheers,
    Matt

That looks really good spirit! Great job. Just a side note on the gardening. Your supposed to plant the flowers in the ground, not the pots.
    Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afraid to move.

"Just a side note on the gardening. You're supposed to plant the flowers in the ground, not the pots."

It's going to be the,.."Salvador Dali affect".

There might be flower seeds planted in that soil by those pots. I have seen photos of wooden barrels that appear to be tipped over; the soil has spilled out and many pretty flowers are growing from it. It looks kind of weird; brings a chuckle,.. ["potty humor"?] The pots may be only half, so you can have two pots for the price of one!

The TBH looks great too!

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    Wow, that is really nice! I plan on starting next year with a TBH. May I ask where you got the plans for it?
    Sure. The plans are from the biobees website. Free PDF.

Quote Originally Posted by LenInNorCal View Post
    Very nice looking hive. I couldn't spot the entrance, so is it towards the wall? I am a bit jealous as I should have put mine on legs as well! So, building another before the season passes? We know you want to!
    The entrance is indeed facing the fence. They seem to like to use other means of entrance though.

.....I *am* thinking of building another, but I'm feeling a bit uneasy about the existing hive and its success....we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by Oldbee View Post
    "Just a side note on the gardening. You're supposed to plant the flowers in the ground, not the pots."

It's going to be the,.."Salvador Dali affect".

There might be flower seeds planted in that soil by those pots. I have seen photos of wooden barrels that appear to be tipped over; the soil has spilled out and many pretty flowers are growing from it.
    My large terra cotta pot broke in half so I dug two holes and buried them both. A few days later I planted alyssum in both of those. Glad to be able to recycle the pot.

Real pretty hive!
    I have an idea why they don't like using the entrance facing the fence. You can drill some new holes facing an unobstructed direction. They'll like it much better.

I don't know. How can you tell they "really like it" as to their fence facing or not? Seems reasonable to you and me, but I've got to wonder.
    SF, just build another....now is the season, at least around here, and then the window closes (don't know about Florida) so, build it and they will come!