Thread: Rainy, new bees

Default Rainy, new bees

I just got my hive this past Monday and I was told by the man that sold them to me to check them out this weekend to check on their progress. They were from a swarm if that matters. Anyway, it's been raining here everyday except for one and then it was windy. I really want to check them out but I don't want my first check-up to be a bad experience and I don't want to be scrambling to super up if they fill the brood chamber.

Today it rained all morning and has now stopped. It's sunny and there's very little wind. Could/Should I check them today?

If it has been raining, its unlikely they have filled anything. Wait for a sunny day when they are foraging. If anything, feed.

ok, what's the mix? It's supposed to rain here every day next week. This includes tomorrow. I really want to check them out. Could I wait a while after it stops raining to try? It's been a few hours now and it's sunny and not windy.

You should be fine to check them out Ds bees.

Just be aware when weather conditions are poor the same can also often be said for bee temperament.They are most defensive just before a storm and since your weather has improved they may not be that bad.

Have a look that's why you got them!Enjoy them.