Default hiving on a rainy day

The place where I bought some packages is insisting on everyone picking them up on two days. Both days are going to rain. Question: How long can I keep the packages in my garage while I wait for a clear day?

Just put them in-don`t worry bee happy
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

Default Rainy days

Listen to the Honeyman. Put them in without delay, rain is actually good. Waiting in garage is not good.

I just installed 5 packages in the Oregon monsoons and they seem to be doing okay. It wasn't fun for me, though!

Matt

One alternative to shaking the bees into the hive body is to remove about half of the frames and place the whole package inside the deep hive body (or I guess two mediums would work). Remove the feed can and place the queen cage between two of the remaining frames. This will keep the bees from getting overly disturbed and wanting to fly around in the rain. Go back in 3 to 5 days (as weather permits) to see if she has been released. Remove the container, shake out any remaining bees, and replace the frames you took out.

I have not done this method yet but I know that some beeks install all of their packages this way for less stress on the bees.
    Carl

Carl is right. I install that way everytime. Only diffrence I go back the next day and take out the box, bees will be out by then. Replace the frames and leave them alone for 3 to 5 days. may sure to feed them to encourage the queen to start laying right away ince she is released.

Carl is right. I install that way everytime. Only diffrence I go back the next day and take out the box, bees will be out by then.
    Yes if you leave the box inside verry long they will have it full of comb

Well, it suddenly turned sunny. So the installations went well (meaning, I stayed dry). Except for the one package where the queen cage had dropped into the box. I had to spray them down, shake them down, and then stick my mitt in there to get the cage. Thanks to all for the advice.

I had to spray them down, shake them down, and then stick my mitt in there to get the cage.
    When I started my mentor told the class to keep a pair of "tongs" in the bee tool bucket and they work great when U drop a queen like that.