Default Bees disposing of new workers

Background: Colony started from package 04/04/09. Egg laying commenced immediately, nurse bees started appearing about a week or so ago.

I'm worried because I noticed that perhaps 100 newly emerged bees have been discarded by the workers in the last couple of days. I can tell they're new because the wings are perfect and the hairs are still matted down.

These bees are still alive when the workers pull them out and dump them, although they are very weak. They have strange appearance- sort of creamy colored and perhaps somewhat malformed being smaller than other workers.

It has been cold at night and rainy for a few days, I thought perhaps these girls got chilled. There has been some burr comb building between frames that I accidentally disturbed last time I opened it up. Perhaps I inadvertently compressed cells with brood and caused this myself. The comb is very soft.

I looked for Varroa but didn't see any on them.

Thanks for ideas.

In the spring the queen will start laying with a passion, and in good weather will lay more eggs than is able for the amount of nurse bees within the hive to take care of when they turn into lava if the weather turns off colder. Wow, that was a mouthful huh? Sometimes the queen lays more than the number of nurse bees can take care of if the weather turns cooler. Was that better?
    I don't know if this is the case with yours, but you mentioned the weather has turned rainy?
    “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” – John Muir

Yes cool and rainy for a good week now, not much foraging going on. Thanks for that explanation Ray, it makes sense. It is happening more in the hive where the queen is a prolific layer compared to my other one so that jives with what you're saying even more.