Yesterday I had a call to remove a colony of bees from a brick wall, and one from a tree. After an hour's drive, I arrive to find a 3# swarm about four feet high. Nice easy catch. There were no colonies to be found, however. The bees in the wall were most likely scout bees. This was a bit of a disappointing removal, because I drove an hour, expecting 4-5 hours of removal, and spent 5 minutes capturing the swarm, and the rest of the 1 1/2 hours I was there searching for a colony that was not there, and filling the holes that the bees were intering the wall in with expandable foam.
After this I drove to upstate NY to pick up 21 nucs, which are now lined up in my yard waiting for people to pick them up. I'm keeping 7 of the nucs, the other 14 are getting picked up over the course of the week. I guess with the removals I'm doing, I'm getting more increase than expected, and could sell another nuc or two if anyone is in need of one. I must say, it is fun having so many bees in the apiary!