Default Question on Mother Load Division Board Feeders

I want to buy some division board feeders for my polystyrene nucs. I think it will be better to feed them next winter this way, rather than with dry sugar on top, because they dry sugar raises the cover, and it is easy to raise it too far and let in cold air. Also, I don't like the idea of just pouring syrup into the entrance and letting it puddle on the bottom, as the BetterBee website suggests. It gets pretty dirty down there, and I see that as a great way to grow mold. Unless, someone does feed them that way and recommends it?

So, I looked at the BetterBee division board feeder, and it looked nice, although I have no idea how well the floats work. But, then I saw the one from Mother Load that uses a cap and ladders to help stop drowning. Conceptually, I like the design better, since it has no moving parts to jam or fail.

http://www.motherlodeproducts.com/ca...s_feeders.html

Does anyone use them? Do they work as advertised? Thoughts on which style feeder out there is best for my intended use? These PS nucs are really well insulated, so I think the bees can take syrup all winter. And, they have top vents to allow moisture to escape, so I don't think that will be a problem, either.

Thanks,

Bill
    “If you want to gather honey, don't kick over the beehive.” - Dale Carnegie

I have 30 or so Mother load feeders. They work pretty well. Some colonies will use it and not have a single bee drown, but others will still have alot of workers who drown at the bottom of the ladders. I don't have any other division board feeders to compare to determine which one is best.
    Hope this helps.
    Al

Thanks, Al. I ordered 20 yesterday, so guess I will find out how they work with my bees. Appreciate the info.

Bill
    “If you want to gather honey, don't kick over the beehive.” - Dale Carnegie