Default Wax moths- freezing frames

I had frozen some frames I pulled recently for several hours and was very surprised to see wax moth larvae happily spinning away in them a few days later.

How long do you have to freeze these buggers to kill them??

Default Freezing Frames

When I have a dead out that I pull off line I place the hive box, top and bottom with all combs and any supers in a chest freezer for at least a day and a half at +10 deg F.
    It does the trick.
    Walt

At a bee meeting earlier this week a member stated that he had been talking to a gentlemen who has kept bee's for a long time. This man said to put sage in the hive under the end of frames so bee won't carry it out and it will kept the moths out. I haven't tried it so I don't know if it will work. I did plant some sage this week.

I've frozen for 24 hours and it seemed to work. A few hours wouldn't get the eggs cold enough to kill them.
    Bees, brews and fun
    in Lyons, CO

Depends on the species.

Greater wax moth larvae are killed rather easily...as some have said. What about Lesser wax moth larvae?

I find they will live through the the coldest of winter weather. I found LWM larvae this winter that had survived months below freezing, and temps of -27F.

TJ in Maine supposes that they have some sort of anti-freeze in them. Only the pink larvae will survive.

I'd leave them in longer than 24 hours if you have them stacked or pushed together. If you don't need them right away, leave them in there until you do need them.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"