I found a Somali cruise package that departs from Sawakin (in the Sudan ) and docks at Bagamoya (in Tanzania ).
The cost is a bit high @ 800 per person double occupancy but I didn’t find that offensive. What I found encouraging and enlightened is that the cruise is encouraging people to bring their ‘High powered weapons’ along on the cruise. If you don’t have your own weapons you can rent them right there on the boat. They claim to have a master gunsmith on board and will have reloading parties every afternoon as well as optional marksmanship training. The cruise lasts from 4-8 days and nights and costs a maximum of $3200 per person double occupancy (4 days). All the boat does is sail up and down the coast of Somalia waiting to get hijacked by pirates. Here are some of the costs and claims associated with the package.
* $800.00 US/per day double occupancy (4 day max billing)
* M-16 full auto rental $ 25.00/day ammo at 100 rounds of 5.56 armor piercing ammo at 15.95
* Ak-47 No charge. ammo at 100 rounds of 7.62 com block ball ammo at 14.95
* Barrett M-107 .50 cal sniper riffle rental 55.00/day ammo at 25 rounds 50 cal armor piercing at 9.95
* Crew members can double as spotters for 30.00 per hour (spotting scope included).
* Wow - they even offer RPG’s at 75 bucks and 200 dollars for 3 standard loads
* “Everyone gets use of free complimentary night vision equipment and coffee and snacks on the top deck from 7pm-6am.”
* Meals are not included but costs seem reasonable.
* Most cruises offer a mini-bar... these gung ho entrepreneurs offer......... get this.....
* “MOUNTED MINIGUN AVAILABLE @ 450.00 per 30 seconds of sustained fire” (Sign me up for that!)
They advertise group rates and corporate discounts......and even claim “FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY”
They even have a partial money back offer if not satisfied....here’s some text from the ad.
“We guarantee that you will experience at least two hijacking attempts by pirates or we will refund half your money back including gun rental charges and any unused ammo (mini-gun charges not included). How can we guarantee you will experience a hijacking? We operate at 5 knots within 12 miles of the coast of Somalia . If an attempted Hijacking does not occur we will turn the boat around and cruise by at 4 knots.
We will repeat this for up to 8 days making three passes a day along the entire length of Somalia . At night the boat is fully lit and bottle rockets are shot off at intervals and loud disco music beamed shore side to attract attention. Cabin space is limited so respond quickly. Reserve your package before the end of May and get 100 rounds of free tracer ammo in the caliber of your choice.”