Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Hi from Western NC

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Fred Bee 
#1 ·
My name is Nick and a buddy of mine has recently gotten into bees. Just last year in fact. I thought it would be a good idea too so I'm starting this year as well. I've got a swarm in a hive as we speak and I'm picking it up on Monday. I'm really excited and hope to pull a lot of info from this site. If there's anyone else around Haywood Co. I'd like to meet up.

#2 ·
Hi Nick!

I'm from Asheville, but no more. :) There's plenty of beeks around up there. Hook up with your local club sometime and you'll find plenty I'm sure.

That's some fine country for bees, excellent honey to be gotten. No doubt you are going to love keeping the girls!

Welcome to the board!!

Steve

#5 ·
There was a breeder that lived up on cold mtn but he moved over the hill to TN last year. I'm sure he still has roots there but I don't know if he has kept any bees in the area?

Haven't heard from him in a while now, so I don't know what he's up to these days or where he's at.

Seems like I recall someone else joining the board recently that was out around Waynesville or Clyde? Maybe they will pipe up here soon and yaw can hook up.

#7 ·
Welcome Nick! I am a Methodist Minister and I go up to Lake Junaluska near Waynesville every year for some R&R. It is a beautiful area and if I were to retire anywhere other than here...that area where you live would be my choice. It looks to be excellent bee country...and I want to wish you the very best. I have been addicted to beekeeping for some time now, and wish the same for you. :)

God bless and welcome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.