Hybrid View

Default Hey all from Boston MA!

Well...a little south of Boston. Closer to Providence RI, actually. My name is Sarah but you can call me Blu or Bluids if you wish. I also answer to "Mom" as I am a mother of a 6 and a 2 year old girls....and now foster mother to several thousand more girls, I guess!

I enrolled in bee school this winter basically as a test to see if I could hack learning after not being in school for a decade and a half. I enjoyed the class so much I ended up purchasing a package and hive components. A friend took the class with me, and he hived his in our yard, so we have two hives here. We hived them last Saturday, and I took my first peek today. I'm looking forward to this endeavor and I sure do appreciate having this forum to ask questions in. You think you learn so much and then the cover comes off your very own hive for the first time and you have about six million questions!!

Hi fellow New Englander!
    www.maxantindustries.com
    American made Honey Processing Equipment "Built to last a lifetime"

Hello

There are a few of us here in Mass I am in Townsend and this is my second year now with 3 hives. Many folks on here have been great and answered and laughed at a few of my stupid moves. Do not feel stupid asking any questions someone here will help. Good Luck

Eileen

Smile

Did you attend the Beekeeping school/class that the Norfolk County Beekeepers Association gave a few months back? Welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by Bizzybee; 04-30-2009 at 03:53 AM. Reason: corrected gif

Yep, I did!! I had no intention of getting bees when I joined (thought I'd just take the class) but here I am. If you attended as well, you probably know me as the girl who turned ashen every time someone uttered the word "SWARM."