Thread: love the bees

Default love the bees

Hello all, I have been checking this site for some time now and finally joined.There is alot of good information here. I curently have about forty hives. Started out as a hobby and kept growing, except in the winter of 1988 when T-mites wiped out all twenty five hives. Two years later I missed it so much that I had to start back. Love the bees.

Yea, this winter I lost all 6 of my hives, was devastating! Now I've got 9 and will be monitoring them and will be raising queens off the 2 best around June1. I just don't feel well if I don't have a hive or 2 to watch during the day. It is so calming and the rest of the world just melts away.

Glad you joined our forums and glad you got more hives too!

The other day I stretched out on the ground about four feet in front of my hive and watched the bees for over an hour! It was so relaxing!!

When I first started keeping bees I would sit right next to the hives and was amazed at the different colors of pollen they were bringing in. We live in such a fast pace world these days its hard to find the time to relax and watch them.