Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

DFW beekeepers

8K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  Woodside 
#1 ·
I'm looking to see what kind of interest there is for a group in the south part of the metro-plex. I'm in South Arlington, and I know of a couple others near me. Let me know what kind of interest there is.

Doug

#3 ·
I'd be interested, also. Would prefer Ft. Worth. All of us west of Ft. Worth and the Metroplex don't have much in the way of options. Everything is an hour or more each way. I thought there were more options on the Dallas side. Is South Arlington south of the baseball and football stadiums? I would think off I30 somewhere would be a good bet. Too far south and there's the Burleson club. There are several of us that were talking about meeting to go to the McKinney meeting that would probably be interested in a more convenient location. I would like to start one in Parker County, but since I'm learning and everyone I've met so far knows less than me, we might be in trouble!
Terri

#4 ·
Swarm in DFW

Hello Folks,
A lady from Dallas called me in Amarillo today because she found me on the web to get swarms. She lives somewhere near SMU and wondered if I knew of anyone in the Dallas area who might be interested in getting a swarm. Apparently the swarm came in to her daughters yard Tuesday and it was still there today. If you think you might be interested in catching it, please send me a PM and I'll give you her phone number.

#5 ·
Terri, "South Arlington" is technically around I20. I live south of 20 and west of 360, right around Arlington Municipal Airport. I was thinking somewhere around here. Is that a good location for you? I'd like to see if we can get a few more people to participate. I'd also like to see what it takes to be recognized in the Texas Beekeeping Assoc. (I think that's the Texas beekeeping body??)

applebwoi,
I'm not familiar with anyone who lives over there. Hopefully someone here is willing to go over to that area, though I wouldn't think they'd stay all that much longer.

Doug

#6 ·
Isn't that kind of close to the Burleson location? I think that would be even farther for me, though I'm still trying to get my bearings again after moving back from Tennessee. I'm willing to drive a bit, but would prefer it not be quite so far. Of course, I would really prefer it to be 15 minutes or so from my home, but don't see that happening any time soon! It would be fun to have rotating locations, but that would probably be a pain for people to try to find. I'm out close to Weatherford. I was really surprised there wasn't a Ft. Worth club at least, if not a Parker County one. I had 4 or 5 clubs within a reasonable distance in Nashville, which is much smaller than the Metroplex. Seems like there's definitely a need to get more bee clubs going.
Terri

#10 ·
Sounds good guys. We can try a few options maybe and see how they go. Or get as many people as we can, then try to find a location most convenient for everyone or the majority.

We can't forget Derek! I can't even remember where Ennis is...I'll get out the old map when I sign off. Should we use lemongrass oil? :)

Terri

#14 ·
I am in Keller, tx

I am in Keller (North Fort Worth). I have been going to the Burleson group. In know there is a group in east Dallas(Trinity Beekeepers) and Burleson(Metro). I would think a central D/FW group would be good, maybe meeting in Euless/Bedford area. Several people have been to Burleson that are from Grapevine, Northside, and Keller (me). There has been a 100% increase in people coming to the Burleson group just in the 2 meetings I have attended.

#15 ·
I was thinking somewhere in Arlington. I'd prefer southern part, but I'm flexible. Not sure on a name. Was toying with Arlington Beekeeping Assoc. but then again, I dunno if that'll detract many from around just because of the name. We should figure out a way to pinpoint everyone interested on a map and find a central location that'll work for all. Maybe send me pm's with your location. Doesn't have to be exact if you don't want to give me your address, just some cross roads so we have it close enough to get a good central local.

Doug

#21 ·
Hey y'all there is a club in Weatherford, they meet the first Tuesday of the month at the weatherford public library at 630pm till the run us out around 830pm. It is a fairly new club and there is not any info on-line yet. If interested let me know and I can get you the contact info. There will not be a meeting this month at the library, it is planned for the 10th at 230pm, gonna go to one of the guys houses and open up some hives for those that have not seen inside before. Those of yall in azle there is also a club in bridgeport but I know nothing about them. I usually go to the one in wford and the one in burleson to learn all I can.
Jason

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.