Default Bees for Starter/Hopkins

I know, 2 different techniques, both need tons of bees. Given that the hive which will have the hopkins frame above or will become the starter/finisher does not have enough bees:

Can I shake bees and/or put in frames of bees (without a queen) from any of my hives into the same box? I would bring bees from 4 or 5 different hives together. They won't fight?

I should know this, but standing there, looking down into the box, thinking, "that's no where near enough bees", I couldn't remember if it's ok to just pack the box with bees from any hive that can offer them up.
    Bean

BEAN
    I like to shake frames with open brood because their are more young bees on them frames. Some time I use 3-5 hives to get what I need. I had no problem with fighting.

A starter should always be overflowing with bees. Literally. Reduce the space, shake in bees, whatever. But you need a very high density of bees.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Thank you both...I'll pour them in.
    Bean