Default syrup feeders leaking (mini nucs)

I am having trouble with the feeders that came with the mini mating nucs that I got from brushy mountain leaking. The boxes are level, These are the little yellow plastic feeders with a black base. has anyone else had this problem, and know of a solution?

I don't know if they are the same but I do have a few hundred of those, got them from Better Bee. Yellow with black base. I LOVE them.
    You should fill them up, reduce the entrance, lets say 1 inch in a nuc and no leaking and no robing.

Gilman

I don't know if they are the same or not, but these are made in greece (printed on bottom of base), and they leak like a seive.

could you seal them with polyurethane or melted beeswax

Quote Originally Posted by Bizykatbird View Post
    I don't know if they are the same or not, but these are made in greece (printed on bottom of base), and they leak like a seive.
    Do they leak even when you fill them up?

yes they leak reguardless of how much you put in them. It is just a poor design, the place where the syrup flows into the tray was to big causing too much syrup to go into the tray and it would over fill the base. we finally got it stopped by using hot glue and forming a tab that went down lower int the tray to slow the flow of the syrup, and that stopped them from leaking

Quote Originally Posted by Bizykatbird View Post
    yes they leak reguardless of how much you put in them. It is just a poor design, the place where the syrup flows into the tray was to big causing too much syrup to go into the tray and it would over fill the base. we finally got it stopped by using hot glue and forming a tab that went down lower int the tray to slow the flow of the syrup, and that stopped them from leaking
    I am sorry to hear that your feeder is still leaking. We may be talking about two different feeders. Mine are black and yellow too. I have hundreds of them and never had a leaking problem.
    If we have the same feeder yours may be faulty. Call the seller and tell them.

Gilman