Hybrid View

Default Newbee from Grand Prairie and Hubbard, TX

Hi. We live in Grand Prairie but have our farm near Hubbard, a dot on the map between Hillsboro and Corsicana, TX.

We have no bees yet but just had my first bee class, so looking forward to it soon, I hope.

Here to learn all I can.

Connie

HOWDY and I do hope you find the scenery around these parts pleasing... but don't trust the natives (insert your favorite smiley face here). This site has several other beekeepers from up in your general area.

Hey Connie! Hubbard is nice country. Welcome to the forum.
    Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afraid to move.

Hey Connie, I'm a backyard beek in Arlington. :-) welcome to beekeeping and glad to see some more locals!

Sad

Thanks, everyone.

Daknoodle, I don't know how you've done it. Our town rules are murder here and we have a neighbor who would be super trouble if we put our bees in here.

So....I have to wait till we move to the farm.

Mansfield and Grand Prairie both have nasty anti-bee laws, however Arlington does not. I've gone through everything as far as laws and regulations and I've yet to find anything in Arlington that does not allow them. My wife's grandfather was a beekeeper in Arlington for a couple decades before he gave me all of his equipment.

I also have neighbors who keep their noses out of my backyard (the plentiful trees help as well ).

I've only got two hives, but would love to have any local beeks come over and take a look and chat. I'm a little unconventional in that I've gone with long hives with starter-strip medium sized frames. Going to try for section comb, we will see how well it goes.

You can see pictures of my stuff at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daknood...7616441011213/

Doug