Default Honey Ginger Ale

I had an urge to throw it together last night around 10:30 pm.

4 L water (warm)
    1/2 L honey
    0.176 packet of EC-1118 yeast
    1 peg of Cardamom (black)
    4 tablespoons of fresh ginger
    1 Lime

Pretty simple stuff: mix your honey into the water, throw in your medium-ground cardamom and fresh ginger, and then your yeast (activated, of course). Let it all sit for 1 -2 days in a primary fermenter (or stockpot or whatever), then squeeze your lime in, give it a stir, and throw it in plastic pop bottles. Straining it off before that is optional. Let the bottles sit out at room temp until they're hard and then throw them in the fridge.

Any suggestions about this recipe would be appreciated!

dont know anything,sounds good .I think i'll give it a whirl myself

A hundred seventy-six thousandths of a packet of yeast? How do you measure THAT ?

The only suggestion I might make is to use ale yeast; it's less aggressive than the champagne strains and shuts off very reliably at fridge temps. But the wine yeasts usually do fine.

Using plastic soda bottles if HIGHLY recommended for a couple reasons... 1) safety: when they grenade from yeast continuing to work (you took one out to bring to work and forgot it, or your kid needed the fridge space and put them in the utility room) it's messy and exciting but not permanently disfiguring, and 2) you can gauge the carbonation level from the rigidity of the bottle as you mention.
    Bees, brews and fun
    in Lyons, CO

Listen to Ben, especially with that amount of fermentables in the yeast. Sfale-04 should work nicely for this recipe.

Default Mmmmm

That sounds good! I gotta read this forum more often!

What about the ginger: is that grated or whole or? I'm at a loss for bottles as I don't drink much soda but Bens comments are well appreciated. Thanks!