Default Queen missing rear leg

I had nucs in the same 2 deep hive body that were separated by foambard. They were doing well (I thought) until I found a dead queen last week just outside the hive. I figured the foamboard didn't hold up and the hives combined, a queen fight ensued. I split the hives this weekend and found that they had indeed chewed an apple size hole through the board.

I went ahead a split them Saturday as they were teaming with bees and I hoped that they hadn't combined. I checked the two hives yesterday and quickly figured out which hive had the queen and gently caught her to mark her. I noticed she was missing her right rear leg. Will she be effective while missing her leg or should I replace her at the first opporitunity?
    Ninja, is not in the dictionary. Well played Ninja's, well played...

Could this possiblly affect her entering and exiting a cell when she lays a egg ??

PCM

are there any eggs/brood? If so, I'd say she's probably fine. Maybe some longevity issues, but for now she's probably rockin'.

At least now you know what to name her: "Eileen".

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by ScadsOBees View Post
    At least now you know what to name her: "Eileen".

Rick
    Now that was funny. Indeed I did find eggs. The pattern did not appear to be very good though. I was looking the frames over kinda quickly to see if I could find them at all. I found them at all stages intermingled. I then found and decided to mark her. It was then noticed she was missing a leg. I figured they'll supercede if there's a problem as there are eggs.
    Ninja, is not in the dictionary. Well played Ninja's, well played...

I would replace her. They might wait until too late to supercede, since her pheremones may still be good. Her damage may go beyond the obvious rear leg. Why gamble with it?
    Sheri

I agree, replace her. In my experince if you don't replace her, eventually they will. They may be slow and lose a lot of population while trying to figure it out too. A new queen will keep them going at top speed.
    Troy