Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Property tax agricultural exemption for bees

Johng, how much did that lower your taxes?

I have only the1 acre lot with my house on, so I will get no tax breaks for my 27 hives and 20 nucs. Guess I will have to continue to pay my $200. bucks a year property tax without any respite. Woe is me.
    Johno

Haraga they had my property accessed at 20K an acre now 1 1/2 acres is accessed at $650 the rest of the property stayed at the higher assessment. I don't remember off the top of my head what that lowered the tax bill but it was noticeable. I think our millage rate is around 11%

Johno I would be tickled to death if my property taxes was only $200.

Default Re: Tax break

Quote Originally Posted by P2b2 View Post
    The cost of inner city hoodlums is nothing compared to the corporate wellfare that our country provides. Taxes lost on the $3 trillion safe in banks offshore. Hoodlums are not the problem!
    Corporations are nothing but thousands of individual shareholders who own stock in a company. Most of the shareholders of these multinational companies are the pension plans of individuals and unions that people like us belong to. The less these corporations pay in taxes the higher the value of my 401 k.
    3 years, 5 hives, zone 7B

Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    Thanks for all the input here. I agree that it has to appear to be more than a hobby.

Still on the other hand people here in FL plant row upon row of pine trees and get one. Pine trees are not a very engaging line of work, but if that Pine trees counts, then certainly there ought to be a way to make a bee endeavor work.
    pine trees for timber sales
    Im really not that serious

Default Re: Tax break

Quote Originally Posted by AmericasBeekeeper View Post
    For a bee/honey operation you must be a registered Florida Beekeeper and have your own, or have access to, honey extracting equipment, hive building and repair facility, etc."
    One acre homestead and the rest "greenbelt" for apiculture.
    not exactly correct a beekeeper can lease someones 5 acres of land and the land owners property can be taxed as ag

I think it is interesting that tax assessors have standards for how many cows per acre and how many chickens per acre, but they don't have a standard for bees. We beeks need to band together and help to establish some standards.
    well there already are some standers if your trying to make money from bees. check out Fl. right to farm act. And it's not an exemption it's a land classification

We beeks know that you can't put 100 hives on 5 acres.
    Sure ya can if your just selling bees and don't care about honey and feed a lot

Default Re: Property taxes

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G. Laury View Post
    Coming from someone who is actually in business, and who pays my FAIR SHARE of taxes to support public services that we all benefit from, I resent your attempts to avoid paying your fair share by invoking an exemption intended for someone who is dependent on bees for a living.
    In your state of CA I would figure out anyway to not pay taxes. They are so broke it is not funny.

My whole goal in life is to figure out how to give the man as little of my HARD earned money as possible legally. So when you say pay your fair share. I pay what I am legally obligated to and no more. The reason why the rich pay less is because they are smarter or can afford to pay smarter people. I strive to be smarter so I strive to be richer. Everyone has got to have a goal. Our Governor spent like 80k to refinish her desk so I work to make sure she cant afford the wax they use to buff it. I will donate the wax to her but,wont pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by johno View Post
    Guess I will have to continue to pay my $200. bucks a year property tax without any respite. Woe is me.
    Woe is you?? You're kidding, right? $200 bucks a year? You live in a shack?
    http://OxaVap.com Your source for the Varrox Mite Killing
    OA Vaporizer "One of the highest ranked" by R. Oliver