Default Thank You to All the New Beekeepers!

I've been on this forum for a little over a year so far and I just wanted to say HI to all the new beekeepers. When I joined my local beekeepers association I thought I was the youngest guy/gal there (me being almost 40 and no offense to those members that hang-out here ). That has changed very quickly. We have a whole lot of new members.

This year was a whirlwind of local Bee "Schools" and I attended Indiana's IBA, and Ohio's Tri-County school up in Wooster and the Southwestern School just outside of Cincinnati and every event was PACKED! Lots of new beekeepers, young and old.

The one thing I realized starting beekeeping is that we need new folks joining the ranks. There is a lot of knowledge out there and unlike many professions and hobbies, beekeeping is enigma for most. What was something mainstream in almost every rural (and some urban) backyards a century ago is now an oddity.

So, to all those new folks joining the list AND beekeeping I just want to say: "Thank You!"

I'd be curious if others have seen something similar.
    Richard
    Carriage House Farm, North Bend, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Durandal View Post
    So, to all those new folks joining the list AND beekeeping I just want to say: "Thank You!"
    You are welcome...just kidding. I would like to reverse that THANK YOU right back to all the non-newbs. Thank you for all of your advice, support, suggestions, innovations and of course your humour. I would never have felt ready to do this without all of you.

CHEERS!

There has definitely been a surge of new beekeepers in my area.
    I had a club meeting last night and they announced that
    4 years ago there were 11 students in the club's bee school
    3 years ago- 22 students
    2 years ago-36
    1 year ago-41
    this year 80 students and 180 active members.

Default You are most welcome!!

I'm not the youngest new beek, but I'm no old man either.

Durendal, I have to give you on the name choice. I just finished my first Dave Duncan book, and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to more.

Reading and beekeeping, the two go so well together!
    Last edited by crazytranes; 04-09-2009 at 03:29 PM. Reason: clarification
    This space intentionally left blank.