Default Virginia Grant Money For Beekeepers

I'm looking into it right now but according to some paperwork Virginia is offering residents in certain countys money to buy bees and equipment with. The paperwork i read says they will pay up to 400 bucks depending on the size of your beeyard to buy package bees and equipment. For beginners that wish to take a class and get a mentor they offer the same 400 bucks to buy equipment and bees for 2 hives. Just and FYI for the Virginia Beekeepers.

For beginners that wish to take a class and get a mentor they offer the same 400 bucks to buy equipment and bees for 2 hives"""""""""""""""""

that's not enough $$$$$$$$$$ for 2 hives and the class ECT.
    heheheheheheh
    "Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point."

Yeah i see that but 400 bucks then shelling out for everything like i did when i started

Default Grant money

Where do you find out which counties this is being offered in. According to my extension agent this money came and went a long time ago. Who is right and who do you contact?

Quote Originally Posted by burleyusa View Post
    Where do you find out which counties this is being offered in. According to my extension agent this money came and went a long time ago. Who is right and who do you contact?
    There was some funding and folks in beginning bee classes got 1 free hive (just one hive body), top, bottom, frames, etc. last year. I know of nothing else operating in the State at this time, but call the State apiarist at VDACS if you want.
    karla

My buddy has the paperwork on it i'm suppost to get up with him sometime this week. He said it was a guy out in Marion, VA that he was getting up with to see about. I'll post the guys info as soon as i can get ahold of it.

I agree with WineVines. There was a program last year for members of the new beekeeping classes. I have seen nothing about a grant program on the Virginia State Beekeepers Association website or in the newsletter. I hope to make at least one day of the VSBA Spring Meeting April 17 in Hampton and may find out something there.
    Last edited by JohnBeeMan; 04-08-2009 at 07:17 AM.
    Bee all you can Bee!
    http://www.hamiltonapiary.net