Thread: Kona Queen

Default Kona Queen

Anyone here ever ordered from Kona Queen in Hawaii? I know a fellow who swears by the Hawaii queens? I am not sure who he ordered from, but he has not ordered any in years. He is 93 years old, and I help him when he needs to work his bees. He always talks about getting queens from Captain Cook, Hawaii. So thought I would ask someone here if they have ever had any from Kona Queen. Though I would order some to try for myself.

Thanks in advance.

TheSurveyor
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

I got queens from them one time. The customer service was great, one out of five of the queens were alive a year later (rejection and supercedure). It happens sometimes. I'm not saying it was Kona doing a bad job. Actually I'd probably order from them again, and work a little harder at introduction before I judged them on a small order that didn't thrive.
    Bees, brews and fun
    in Lyons, CO

I go in with another beekeeper every year. he gets 400 every week for a month and I get 150 out of the first order and 100 out of the last. Great queens, no chemicals in the wax to harm the drones seman or queens ovaries...

my monter gets his quen from kona he says they always have good weather so bees are never late.and the queens do great
    Last edited by swamprat; 03-29-2009 at 08:41 PM.
    Dwayne.S
    Westmoreland N.Y.

rainesridgefarm,

Which do you prefer from them the Italian's or the Carni's?
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

I prefer nwc, the way they build up in the spring and shut down in the winter fits my managment style. I only do honey no pollenation

Thumbs Up Good Kona Queen

Last year alone we bought thousands of queens from Kona, very satisfied with results.
    Place your orders early, Gus gets lots of orders.

Aaron Fisher

W. Fisher Bee Farm.