Default Just to say Hello

I'm new to beekeeping, just a hobbyist. Thinking about one or two hives. The weather is on the cold and damp side. Wondering if the bees wouold survive. Well live and learn. Hope to glean info here. Bob

Hi Bob, welcome to beesource! There is definately lots of information to be had here. Try to get you a package or nuc of bees. Up where you are, they may not be available until the end of April or so. Welcome to my favorite hobby of beekeeping, best of luck to you!
    “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” – John Muir

Welcome aboard Bob
    I am an hobbyist too, and most of what I know about beekeeping, I learned here beginning 6 or 7 years ago- I've lost count.
    So many weeds.......so little time.

Howdy Bob...glad you came here. Lots of great folks and help to be found on BeeSource.
    "My child, eat honey, for it is good." (Proverbs 24:13)

Gentlemen, thank you for the warm welcome and encouragement. I need to contact the local beekeepers to get a true lay of the land. Guess my next stop is the extension office. Misture is my problem. 8.7 inches in my backyard this month.
    Again, thanks for the welcome.