Default Looking for Mentor, Beek in Los Angeles Area

Hi,

I am very interested to network/help out a Beek here in the LA area, not really looking to be be free labor to a commercial outfit, more to gleen some knowledge in return for my labor with a hobbists hives. So if anyone near me (West Covina) is interested in having an understudy to help them inreturn for some first hand knowledge of beekeeping send me a PM and we can set up a time (most likely on a Sunday, my boys have baseball on Saturdays)
    If it works out for us both I can stick around through the full season.
    Thanks

have you tried your local beekeeping assoc? you should be in the Beekeepers Association of Southern California area ( http://bascbees.org/ )
    I always pass on good advice. It is the only thing to do with it. It is never of any use to oneself. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by TodesSchatten View Post
    have you tried your local beekeeping assoc? you should be in the Beekeepers Association of Southern California area ( http://bascbees.org/ )
    Great Idea TY!

Meeting is coming up in 7 days or so!

*excited

McQueenBees,
    You've got the perfect idea. Grab onto a mentor or other hobbiest beeks in a local club, it's the best way to get a jump on the learning curve with beekeeping.

Enjoy and best of luck!
    “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” – John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by RayMarler View Post
    McQueenBees,
    You've got the perfect idea. Grab onto a mentor or other hobbiest beeks in a local club, it's the best way to get a jump on the learning curve with beekeeping.

Enjoy and best of luck!
    =)

Thanks for the encouragement, I have been putting off this nagging feeling that I need to be doing this for 4 years now, time to get started. I will let you all know how it is going, funny but I get really excited to see new faces or hear new people like myself getting into this great profession/hobby. I hope you all do too.

You might want to check out the LA County Beekeepers Assoc as well. We meet every first Monday night of the month.