Default Speed of Filling Out Frames

It has been a week since I moved the wild hive from work to my house. I have provided sugar water in a hive top feeder. Today is the first day that weather has allowed a huge pollen gathering. The weather should cooperate for at least the next week. I'm still trying not to disturb them too much and did not want to again until next Saturday. At what rate, per day, should I anticipate they could fill out one frame with foundation? Trying to decide if I should check the first day I can or wait until next Saturday; have a second brood super ready. Three days ago there was no comb on the two outside frames and a cold front has shut them down until today (minus some late afternoon foraging on one of those days). I did not inspect the frames inside the outside two. Please advise. Jim
    Canyon, Texas (Near Amarillo in the Panhandle).
    Follow my tweets on Twitter.com @BirdsandBeesMan

There's a lot of "it depends" for you question.
    How strong is the hive, how many frames of brood, is the queen laying good pattern, what's the population and health of the bees. Is there a strong nectar flow on now, what's the weather like, etc.

Bees do like to be crowded, but when a strong nectar flow comes on they can build out very fast. You're going to have to be the judge of when to look or not. Just popping the top lid and taking a peak is no biggie, none intrusive way of checking. Pulling all the frames to check for brood and stores is more invasive. Congrats on getting the hive boxed and best of luck.
    “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” – John Muir

Thanks! I'll probably look today or tomorrow.
    Jim

Are you talking about filling the existing comb with honey or drawing out comb on 10 frames. If the later of the two them you could check it once per week.

Ruben, I'm talking about them drawing out comb in the deep. I just looked in there and we had wired cut out comb starting on one end. The final three frames on the opposite end still do not have any comb. I'm thinking of letting them get comb on the third from the end and when comb appears on the second from the end going ahead and adding the second brood deep. Is this a good plan and should a week from now be about right to check it next?

if you have time to check, rotate those undrawn frames into the box some, they don't like to draw the outside frames much. Remove the ouside 2 and move them into the middle by sliding 3 frames out and reinserting them. that will give you another week then next week, move the last frame into the pile, and add the top box. That is what I would do atleast. if you have a flow on, you might not get a week out of the move, but if you put the top box on before they draw all the frames, they will start to build up and never finish building out.
    welcome to your new addiction!!

Bigbore. Thank you. I had been wondering about doing that. I will do that, thanks.

They can easily draw a frame or more worth of comb in 24 hours with enough bees. Try leaving out a frame on a new swarm and see what happens

I just rotated three outside frames to the inside. Was definitely fresh white comb in there, and lots of bees. Very active today.

Last week I added a deep to hives (undrawn foundation) and a super (drawn foundation).
    The super has queen excluder between it and the deep. I am wondering if the bees will draw out the deep.
    Try to learn something new every day and give thanks for all your blessings.