Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Hello I am new

5K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  indypartridge 
#1 ·
A fellow pumpkin growers son is doing a large bee population project for eagle scouts...I figure I would research and am now interested...I have heard see what is like and I just found out a family friend has a bee hive. I am 13 years old and will be 14 in may. Since I grow giant pumpkins I probly won't raise bees this year, but plan on finding some land for 2010 and put a hive where my pumpkin patch is now. Thanks best bee web site by far I have found.

thanks

#3 ·
A fellow pumpkin growers son is doing a large bee population project for eagle scouts...I figure I would research and am now interested...I have heard see what is like and I just found out a family friend has a bee hive. I am 13 years old and will be 14 in may. Since I grow giant pumpkins I probly won't raise bees this year, but plan on finding some land for 2010 and put a hive where my pumpkin patch is now. Thanks best bee web site by far I have found.

thanks
Any questions you have, bee sure to ask! Welcome and good luck with your pumpkins...

#5 ·
Hey Giant Pumpkin peep...welcome! You'll have a blast with the bees...promise. Get involved. Not too late to be thinking about getting bees this year if you want.

#8 ·
Boy...I wish I could have started at a young age....I only got into the keeping of the girls after retirement. I too do a lot of reading and listening....maybe you could find the nearest bee club near you....older beeks will welcome you and maybe give you a "hands on" lesson or two. Anyway, welcome, good luck with the pumkins and bees too. Seen a program where the giant pumkins were hollowed out and then used as a "boat" and paddled across a waterway. Only tomatoes here.....lol

#9 ·
....older beeks will welcome you and maybe give you a "hands on" lesson Seen a program where the giant pumkins were hollowed out and then used as a "boat" and paddled across a waterway. Only tomatoes here.....lol

I know Gus the sqaushcarver. His website is squashcarver.com(hope I could say that) He does many carvings all over the place. Anyway My plan is to take care of bees with a family friend before I start saving up for a hive of my own to make sure I like it.

#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.