Default Road Bans Starting

Any Midwest beeks have trouble with road bans( weight limits sets when the frost is coming out) when their bees come out of almonds and if so how do you deal with it. Not real safe just unloading bees along state highway with all the dam vandals and their need to repeat what they seen on you-tube or the tv.

I think (the neighbor who has cattle taken in or out told us) there are exemptions for livestock being transported, never had to test that rule. You could ask your county or township about that, or just fall back on that hearsay if it becomes an issue. "But officer, I heard it was OK if.....".

We live only 1/2 mile off the main road and we are the first driveway and the only place a truck could turn around once he saw the sign so we don't worry much.
    We worry more about honey going out, but again, only a little ways and they are legal. Still, we try to wait til the limits go off before shipping any honey.
    Sheri

I got by last year because the unloading yard was along a road scheduled for tear up and redo. Now it's a new road. I tried the livestock issue, I don't have choice issue(they said I did!). What's the fine for being over weight limit on road ban? If I called smokey and asked I know where he would be sitting for the next couple wks. Called township, county and sheriff's office to get exemption. NO WAY!!! Everything along state hwy has houses every 300 yds alflafa field or muddy corn flats. Amish weren't happy on wash day( bee poop all over laundry) and maple sap buckets full of bees. 600 yds from 450 hives 3 days after unloading. Had to plow the snow that came the night before them so I could unload. 55 deg 3 days later march 26. Now I know better. I'll risk the fine!!! It's got to be cheaper than replacing a stack( 12 hives) that have been smashed into.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeslave View Post
    I tried the livestock issue, I don't have choice issue(they said I did!).
    Road postings for weight in Vermont don't apply to agriculture.