Thread: Hello!!

Default Hello!!

Hi, I have been researching Bee Keeping for about 1 year and I think I am ready to start my hobby. I think bees are facinating and I am excited about my new venture! I would appreciate any tips for starting out right from all of the seasoned Bee Keepers!! Thanks, Nature Girl

Welcome NG........ Lot's of New York folks that will
    give insight to specific regional questions.

I'm like you just getting started. I just finished the beginners beekeeping course and took the test last thurs. My bees are coming in April and they can't come soon enough. I ordered two 3# packages of Carniolan because I want a very gentle bee to start off with. After studing up on the different kinds I decided they would be best for me. Wish you alot of success with your new venture.

Welcome Nature Girl...I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. It is a blast. Lots of good advice and help here...also, read good bee books and get a good mentor or two to help you.
    "My child, eat honey, for it is good." (Proverbs 24:13)

Welcome aboard. It's nice to meet someone else who researches a lot before taking action. Keep in touch!
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

Default Hi All

Just joined the Bee keeping community-my first set of bees will be here on May 9-I got into this on a need for pollinating a apple orchard my club oens and nobady available to pollinate-will see how it all goes

JC