Default New in East Texas

Hello. I am a new beekeeper and I am becoming addicted. I researched for two years before I got the courage to purchase my first colony. I picked it up in early January and haven't looked back. I feel that I have already learned a lot. The is absolutely nothing like on the job experience and I am fortunate that I have a network of experienced beekeepers in my area that are more than willing to share their experience and to be patient with all of my questions. Each time that I open my hive to inspect the colony I always have several more questions to ask.

Well, that it all for now. I look forward to perusing the knowledge on this forum.

Welcome Fisher. You will find a wealth of info here. Your right. There are alot of great keepers in your area. You probably already know, but there is a great club in East TX.

http://www.easttexasbeekeepersassoci...A_MainMenu.htm
    Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked Hulk in the face. Now he hides in the forest and changed his name to Shrek

Welcome to Texas beekeeping. I have been on the forums since 2005 and am finally getting to start my first hive next month!

welcome aboard...

you have a couple of other beesource folks fairly close by.... lil willie and flyman.

Addiction to bees is a wonderful thing. Glad you're here!
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

Welcome Fisherdg...you are embarking on a wonderful adventure!
    "My child, eat honey, for it is good." (Proverbs 24:13)

Yup...You could not have chosen a better avocation, and you certainly will desire more hives...Like Lay's Potato Chips-----Just one?...NOPE!!!

Welcome aboard !
    LtlWilli ~ Rick