Reminder Breeding Queens ????

Hi there everyone! I need a simple way to breed queen bees. Do you know of a kit that breeds a small amount like 20? Or a technique that you use? Buying them is really expensive around here. Is there a cheap way off the internet? We live in Michigan. Thanks a bee hive full

The easiest way to raise your own queens is to remove the queen from your best hive(start a nuc with her) and then after the hive builds and caps the queen cells in the hive, you would take them out and place them into their own nucs to hatch and mate. This works for small numbers of queens.

Another way is to catch your hives before they swarm(but after they have started swarm cells) and remove the queen cells to their own nucs to hatch and mate.
    "I reject your reality, and substitute my own." Adam Savage

Yes, but my experience was that swarm queens in a nuc took off with the bees instead of starting o collony.
    Then is the quality of the emergency queens as good as the swarm queens?

Default Yes, but my experience was that swarm queens in a nuc took off with the bees instead

You shouldn't have that problem if the nuc has open brood in it...
    "I reject your reality, and substitute my own." Adam Savage

Thank you very much because I was geting confused with the advise from Old World beekepers advise.

>Then is the quality of the emergency queens as good as the swarm queens?

http://www.bushfarms.com/beesbetterq...gency%20Method

"It has often been observed that many of the queens reared by this method are not the best. It has been stated by a number of beekeepers who should know better (including myself) that the bees are in such a hurry to rear a queen that they choose larvae too old for best results. Later observation has shown the fallacy of this statement and has convinced me that bees do the very best that can be done under existing circumstances."--Jay Smith, Better Queens

http://www.bushfarms.com/beesmillerm...referoldlarvae

"As a matter of fact bees do not use such poor judgment as to select larvae too old when larvae sufficiently young are present, as I have proven by direct experiment and many observations."--C.C. Miller, Fifty Years Among the Bees

In my experience a well fed hive with a high density of bees can raise a very good emergency queen. A poorly fed one with a low density of bees cannot.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF