Thread: Pollen feeding

Default Pollen feeding

How soon do you guys in the north start feeding pollen patties? I usually wait until first week in april but was thinking about trying a few this week.

Camp
    As wonderful as this life is, there are days I really look forward to the next. :)

Three weeks before reliable pollen supply in the field is a good rule of thumb. Continue feeding until there is no chance of the bees being confined for more than a day or two.

That means mid to late March to start and mid-May to stop in Alberta. Feeding into June can have benefits, too.

Quote Originally Posted by allend View Post
    Three weeks before reliable pollen supply in the field is a good rule of thumb. Continue feeding until there is no chance of the bees being confined for more than a day or two.

That means mid to late March to start and mid-May to stop in Alberta. Feeding into June can have benefits, too.
    Thanks, I wasn't too far off from my normal practice. I'll start in about two weeks and feed until they won't take it anymore.

Camp
    As wonderful as this life is, there are days I really look forward to the next. :)