Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avant

Good point, however I suspect the chance of an imported lift spreading disease or exotic species is very very low, unless of course it is moving imported bees.

I wonder if the Kubota and Honda power plants in the US machines are made here or overseas? I know Toyota builds some things here.

Another drawback to the Avant is that the mast has no side shift.
    John B Jacob www.oldsolbees.com

JBJ, my point and your point might be a little different, im thinking along the lines of supporting american companys that are doing a great job of assisting our need not sending our money to a different company to support another economy. Kenny

I understand you loud and clear, but one cant even really buy "American" when it is half Japanese to begin with. I am very happy with my '76 Swinger with an '04 Kubota and I do generally seek made in America. Competition is what drives innovation and American manufactures can sometimes be a bit slow to adapt, as in the auto industries. Japanese manufacturers have been gaining market share for many years by leading in fuel economy and other innovations.

Sometimes there just is a better mouse trap. I am not necessarily saying that is the case here, heck I am not even in the market, but I do wish I could cultivate and seed my pasture with the machinery currently at hand.
    John B Jacob www.oldsolbees.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12