Thread: True Lent

Hybrid View

Default True Lent

Each Friday night after work, Boudreaux would fire uphis outdoor grill and cook a venison steak. But, all of Boudreaux's neighbors were Catholic...and since it was Lent, they were forbidden from eating meat on
    Friday. The delicious aroma from the grilled venison steaks was causing such a problem for the Catholic faithful that they finally talked to their priest.

The Priest came to visit Boudreaux, and suggested that he become a Catholic. After several classes and much study, Boudreaux attended Mass...and as the priest sprinkled holy water over him, he said, "You were born a Baptist, and raised a Baptist, but now you are a Catholic."

Boudreaux's neighbors were greatly relieved, until Friday night arrived, and the wonderful aroma of grilled venison filled the neighborhood.

The Priest was called immediately by the neighbors, and, as he rushed into Boudreaux's yard, clutching a rosaryand prepared to scold him, he stopped and watched in amazement. There stood Boudreaux, clutching a small bottle of holy water which he carefully sprinkled over the grilling meat and chanted: "You wuz born a deer, you wuz raised a deer, but now you is a catfish."
    Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afraid to move.

That's good.
    My DH is from south Louisiana, so I hear lots of cajun jokes. I don't think I've heard that one before, so now I can tell him one for a change.
    So many weeds.......so little time.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post

That's good.
    My DH is from south Louisiana, so I hear lots of cajun jokes. I don't think I've heard that one before, so now I can tell him one for a change.
    I might need that gumbo recipe then.

Quick Boudreaux Story. True story.

Tonight my DW sent me to the store to get the following. Diapers, Liners, and Destin diaper rash cream. The first 2 got it. Went to grab the Destin and something caught my eye. Boudreaux's Butt Paste diaper cream. Really! So guess what I bought. That's right. The Boudreaux's. Needless to say. I got sent right back to the store and got the Destin.

I guess I need to post in the for sale forum. 1 tube of Boudreaux Butt Paste. Still in the box.
    Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afraid to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    I got sent right back to the store and got the Destin.
    Next time the baby is fussing from a painful case of diaper rash, rub some vegetable shortening on his bottom for fast relief. It will soothe and moisturize his sensitive skin. I know it sounds just weird, but take it from me, we used it on all of our baby's butts - and never had a bad case of diaper rash - at the first sign of redness, we smoothed on the Crisco. That Desitin stuff is way overpriced, and the zinc oxide just gets all over...

MM

Quote Originally Posted by MapMan View Post
    Next time the baby is fussing from a painful case of diaper rash, rub some vegetable shortening on his bottom for fast relief. It will soothe and moisturize his sensitive skin. I know it sounds just weird, but take it from me, we used it on all of our baby's butts - and never had a bad case of diaper rash - at the first sign of redness, we smoothed on the Crisco. That Desitin stuff is way overpriced, and the zinc oxide just gets all over...

MM
    I will try the Crisco. Could I get in trouble with C.P.S. using that?
    Last edited by Bizzybee; 03-10-2009 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    I might need that gumbo recipe then.

Quick Boudreaux Story. True story.

Another true story- a friend of ours was visiting his family in Florida last summer, and he brought us back a bottle of BBQ pork seasoning called "Butt Rub".

I'll get you a good gumbo recipe too.
    So many weeds.......so little time.

I don't think there is such a creature as a Baptist cajun. It is funny as all you know what.
    Home of the ventilated and sting resistant Ultra Breeze bee suits and jackets
    http://www.honeymoonapiaries.com

Default Louisina

My wife & I were in Nawlins three weeks ago for a conference. Never been there before and all I can say is that city is "out there", way "out there" socially. We had an absolute blast, especially the swamp tour. Nice folks every where & great food. But foul, foul, foul, oh so foul & I mean da-- foul language. And that's the tourist momento retail merchandise items I'm referring to! Never seen the 'F' word so prominently displayed on so many things before on retail shelves... in virtually every store we went into, (except Saks Fifth Ave.) Of course, there's a lot of things I've never seen before that seemed common place there!

Anyway, we too would like a recipe if possible for the gumbo, please. And if you folks have any for blackened chicken or fish, those would be nice and appreciated. The muffalata (sp?) wasn't to my liking, but olives & I don't see eye to eye under any circumstances. Other than that, we enjoyed every bite they served us.