Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Windows 7 update.

I updated my testversion of windows 7 to a 64bit new version, and my software runs on this! So I am pleased to tell you that my software runs on all versions of windows. On windows 7 I though have to run it as administrator, so also goes for the registration tool. My windows 7 is english.
    Retired beekeeper, Free beekeeping software
    http://apimo.dk jornjohanesson@gmail.com

Default Re: Windows 7 update.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorn Johanesson View Post
    I updated my testversion of windows 7 to a 64bit new version, and my software runs on this! So I am pleased to tell you that my software runs on all versions of windows. On windows 7 I though have to run it as administrator, so also goes for the registration tool. My windows 7 is english.
    Update regarding windows 7.

If you are able to run windows xp mode on your windows 7 computer there is no compatibility problems with my software. You can still run it in plain windows 7 as administrator. Please have fun. I hope you have had a fine beekeeping season.

Default Re: Free Beekeeping Software

dear Jorn

a few days ago I downloaded your free software but I have some questions on using it not covered by the manual.

1)The feed I use is 2.5 kg and some times the brood covers 2.5 or x.? frames.How do I input these numbers?.
    2)I don't know how to manage supers,boxes etc.How do I add or remove boxes,supers etc?

I would appreciate some help on the above issues

Thanks

Cons

Quote Originally Posted by ntanlas View Post
    dear Jorn

a few days ago I downloaded your free software but I have some questions on using it not covered by the manual.

1)The feed I use is 2.5 kg and some times the brood covers 2.5 or x.? frames.How do I input these numbers?.
    Sorry my sofwae only allows whole numbers in feed entry. I suggest that you use 3 kg the first time and then 2 kg next time (if you springfedd a second time)

2)I don't know how to manage supers,boxes etc.How do I add or remove boxes,supers etc?
    When you have the note up you will have access to a super tab. If this tab is not visible you have to use the menu item select tabs and then check the super’s item.

Now use the "add boxes to pile" button and enter the number of boxes (supers) you have. Press OK.

Now you see a drop box. Click the box number you will use so that box number appears in the drop box. Now left click the drop box and pull it to the left side of form. Then release it in one of the box numbers field.
    You can now right click the colour box that shows up and will now be able to customize its use.

I hope this helps a bit.

Have a nice beekeeping season

Big Grin Re: Free Beekeeping Software

Dear Jorn

a big stone is out of my way now!

Thank you

ntanlas

just a quick review.

I installed into a linux computer, the app runs great in wine.

this is very good app for the 'typical' beek using Langstroth type equipment and methodology.

myself using mostly tbh coming in to this spring and forward, and not being so focused on honey production, I don't see myself getting a lot of use from it overall, although in general it could be usable anyway.

EDIT: After playing around with this app some more, I realize just how flexible it is. definitely able to be used for more than just langs and honey production and I apologize to Jorg for having missed the editing aspects of the app. As a matter of fact, iwill be givin gthis an extended test along with my paper documentation as well.

I will play with it a bit more as there is some customizing that can be done.

the use of metric measurement doesn't bode well for my usage either.

The ability to understand the scale of determining the various observations such as bee steadiness, sickness, etc.. isn't apparent in the app itself, you MUST keep the manual at your side till you gt familiar with the app.

Grading

Ability to run on OS other than Windows ( using Wine) - B

Use for general bee yard and general inspections -B

Use for Langstroth style hive - A

Queen tracking- A

Use with other style hives- B

Use for purpose other than honey production - C

Overall - B+

Very Good work overall, thanks for making it available to folks.

Big Bear
    Last edited by bigbearomaha; 03-19-2010 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Cuz I wasn't thourough enough to begin with
    No, I am NOT a bee "Keeper". Anything I post is just my opinion. Take it easy and think for yourself.

Jorn, have you considered releasing your software as Open Source?

If you are giving it free now, by making it open source perhaps other programmers could pick up from where you are now and keep improving on it with you.

Just a suggestion.

Big Bear
    No, I am NOT a bee "Keeper". Anything I post is just my opinion. Take it easy and think for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbearomaha View Post
    Jorn, have you considered releasing your software as Open Source?

If you are giving it free now, by making it open source perhaps other programmers could pick up from where you are now and keep improving on it with you.

Just a suggestion.

Big Bear
    There are some problems connected to this.

main: it is donated to the Danish Beekeeper Society so when I die the source belongs to them together with the computer it is hosted at.

It is also developed in Borland Delphi and it is depended of some Russian code where the translation utility is the most important part. Some code is very old, but is still working well.
    So the best I think I can do is to mantain it myself (for fun). Beekeepers is of course welcome to put up suggestions, but those should be of general interest within queenbreeding and honey produktion.

all the best

Jorn Johanesson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123