Question Honey to help the Flu??

My husband is sick with the flu or something that is flu like. Has high fever,chest & nasal congestion,headache,body ache etc.
    Would giving him honey help? Or a mixture of something like hot tea with honey & lemon juice?

Please help as he feels aweful and we dont want to pump him full of chemical pills.
    Also another reason for this post is I am pregnant and cannot take anything to help this and I might be starting to get it.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyBee28 View Post
    My husband is sick with the flu or something that is flu like. Has high fever,chest & nasal congestion,headache,body ache etc.
    Would giving him honey help? Or a mixture of something like hot tea with honey & lemon juice?

Please help as he feels aweful and we dont want to pump him full of chemical pills.
    Also another reason for this post is I am pregnant and cannot take anything to help this and I might be starting to get it.

Thanks in advance for your help!!
    Sorry to hear he is ill. To sweat out the flu, I'd recommend three things in the tea: Honey, ginger root (grate off the root) and lemon.

The recipe is:

• about 3/4 to one inch of fresh ginger root grated
    • 5 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh is best, or else frozen concentrate)
    • 4 tablespoons honey

Put this all in a quart thermos, then add boiling water and let sit for 15-20 minutes. Strain and give to him. Keep him supplied, and it should help.

An alternative is raspberry or blackberry leaves infused in the water and honey mixture.

I hope you don't get it - take care!

MM