Default Queen breeding question

From what I have seen and read only larva are grafted to raise queens(without a queenrearing system). And I have also read that since larva are older than eggs they may not be fed as well. I think the bees will cull those that they deem bad, but is it possible to graft eggs without a queen raising system? That is, take a grafting tool or paintbrush and pick out the egg into a queen cup. Is the egg too delicate or sticky? I understand it is much harder to see, but is there a certain way to must be placed into the cell or some other thing that stops people from doing it? (It stands up normally, but is that a must?) So many questions so little time...

Default eggs to larve

Somewhere back in one of those dozen of books of mine, I remember that some one made a forcep to pick the egg up out of the cell and transplant it. Can't remember who it was, but seems like a neat idea at the time.

David Dixon
    Dixon Apiaries
    www.xtremespl.com

Grafted eggs won't work, the bees will not use them. Grafted larva between 12 to 24 hours old are all that should be attempted to graft. A hopelessly queenless hive will then build out the grafted larva to queen cells.

Using a 5/16" dowel, you can dip it into melted wax multiple times to get a good thick coating of wax on 5/16 to 3/8 inch of the tip. place in freezer then the wax can be removed from the dowel. Using melted beeswax as glue, glue the made cells to the bottom of a frame top bar. Graft into these home made cups and place the newly created cell bar with grafts into a hopelessly queenless hive. The bees will build out queen cells for you. 10 days later, remove the queen cells and place into hopelessly queenless 3, 4, or 5 frame nucs. 14 to 16 days later, check for laying queens.
    “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” – John Muir

Default Nice link to queen rearing

Here is a nice link to Queen Rearing on a Shoestring article. Has a novel way to create your own queen rearing tools for raising queens. I've not tried it myself as of yet, maybe I'll get to it this year.

http://durhambeekeepers.org/robandrews.html
    “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” – John Muir

>Grafted eggs won't work, the bees will not use them.

That has been my experience as well. They just remove them.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

"I remember that some one made a forcep to pick the egg up out of the cell and transplant it."

Breeding Super Bee's by Steve Taber

The Jenter and other methods using the plugs and the cell plug method and the Better Queens method and the Alley method all allow you to transfer eggs if you wish. All attempts by me have failed. Perhaps if you transfered them right AS they were hatching...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Steve Taber did some research on this and found no benefit to transfering eggs vs larva of the correct age.