Thread: checked bees

Question checked bees

well i had a chance too check my bees wintered over from a 3# package of bees from r weaver in 2 brood boxes looked in side seen 2 caped cells only no new brood seen around capped cells also didn't see any stored pollen but feeding patties from mann. lake the 2 frames in the middle couldn't remove center they built support comb and joined the two middle frames together bees started bringing pollen in yesterday looking for answers weather she is still alive? or when should i check again too she if alive.have new queen on her way she is supposed to arrive 7 th of april.

Well, if they're bringing in pollen it means a couple things. First, that you have pollen to be gathered and second that you have bees to gather it!

I would open it up on the first warm day. Don't split up the cluster but definitely look between those frames to see what's going on. Certainly, if you have a new queen coming you know what you'll be doing in April...the question is, what's the hive looking like now. You need to take a longer look on a nice day.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

On a nice day soon...I bet when you separate those two frames that are stuck together in your hive, you may find some brood there. If not, I agree with Ravenseye...if you do have a queen problem, sounds like you will have a solution soon, when your new queen arrives.
    "My child, eat honey, for it is good." (Proverbs 24:13)

if you think you had a cell there check back in about +15 days. do you think there are mature drones in the area? or has the weather been too cold to encourage drone production?

Smile night temps

well the night temperature has been + 5 or -5 of 32 F i have been watching them bonus for only having 1 hive and extra building lot in town.i havent seen any drones yet. its been windy here but in the high 50s they been out foraging bringing back pollen and loaded down with nector its funny to see them returning with there backs hanging low.i laugh when they miss the entrance.well with nector flow and pollen started i figure they'll be moving up into the upper box soon that will give me a chance to remove the stuck frames.also ordered new queen from honey bee genetic any one order from there before?