I've got one dog who learned her lesson just by having a bee get stuck in her coat when she walked by. Another one runs up to each hive and sticks his nose right in the entrance. I don't think he's been stung yet and I have no idea why. Sometimes, you never can tell.....with dogs or bees!
As far as being allergic, my littlest pooch got stung last year by a bee that I think she caught and then brought into the house. She got stung on top of her head and she really felt it. She laid down and got real hot for a few hours. I don't know if other dogs have more severe reactions but our vet told us to use Benadryl (I forget the smaller dose) and it seemed to work.
"My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"