Default How Long is a Spraying of Xentari Bt Powder Effective?

I assume a spraying of Xentari Bt powder in the fall is effective all winter long since wax moths are not active in freezing weather. But, should the combs be re-sprayed in the spring, if the frames are not being placed on the hives? Also, during the months that wax moths are active, how long is a spraying effective?
    From each according to his ability, to each according to his contribution. Charles Koch

The Xentari doesn't have a shelf life, meaning that it does remain viable (in my opinion). The water that you mix it with serves as a carrier. It should be used soon after mixing, however, because it Is organic and will decompose (spoil) in the mixed state. However, once applied, it is able to dry. It should stay inert (waiting to kick into action) for quite a while (well over a year, under normal conditions, I'd say).
    WayaCoyote

this has been discussed before
    the question is whether Xentari contains the Bt bacteria or the protein the bacteria produce that kills the moth
    after many discussions of what the label says I believe the consensus is that it contains the protein which we all hope is effective for something on the order of a year
    There was some talk that maybe the Certan product contained the bacteria and might be viable for a longer period but I'm not sure if that product is still available
    you used to have to get it from Canada and for a while it was unavailable there
    current situation may be different

Dave

on virtual frames it will last almost forever.

Quote Originally Posted by tecumseh View Post
    on virtual frames it will last almost forever.
    Virtual frames ? Like that are attacked by virtual moths?
    Bees, brews and fun
    in Lyons, CO