Default 1928 A.I.Root Catalog

I just bought a 1928 Root Quality Bee supplies Catalog.

It is very kewl, funny how little equipment has changed in 80 years,Its 64 pages so its pretty big, My state, Washington produced 2.9 million pounds of honey in 1927, we only did 4.3 million last year.(or so )

I also didn't know they had radial extractors back then, The simplicity 45 comb extactor, shipping weight 500lb, cost $190.00 that included the interchangable wax spinner.

The Buckeye-- the all weather hive, its a super filled with nut shells over the inner cover to absorb moisture.

Anyway I could keep typing all night,

The A.I. Root Guarantee,

Write us , giving a careful explanation of the defect and return the goods at our expense,We will refund all your money with all transportation charges you have paid.. Thats a real guarantee...
    I'm not tense, Just terribly, terribly alert!

Funny, I just bought a 1935 sighned copy of ABC and XYZ of bee couture and was thinking the same things.

"Anyway I could keep typing all night,"

Thanks for sharing, I'd read more! Imagine how much different the work was with the vehicles, housing and such of the time! Running to the outhouse between loads in a 45 comb extractor on a cold fall night! Coal heat. Pictures, you should scan us some pictures!

Nice finds!

Is the A I Root company still producing Beeking equipment?

Root no longer makes or sells bee equipment (they are now just a candle company). However, they still have the publishing dept. which puts out Bee Culture Magazine and other fine books.

We have our Medina County, Ohio beekeepers meetings at AI Root HQ once a month.

Things sure do change over time. Sadly, even AI's Basswood trees (they were used for forage and to make comb honey frames with) have long been plowed over for development.
    Blue Sky Bee Supply
    Quality Bee Supplies, Bees and Containers!

The book I just got has a pic of two men with a cot looking thing with a five foot tall hive on it calling it the new way of moving large numbers of hives dated 1935, and a referance of a modern hive that is nothing more than a wood box with bees living in it.

When did A I Root Company leave the Beeking equipment market?