Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: How to price bee removal

Bees in low wall in garage with plain drywall. That's easy and around $300.
    Bees in masonry 30 feet off the ground? Scaffold rental? Extra man?
    Travel? We charged $1500 to remove bees from masonry and then put back like before.

There have been jobs I walked away from because it was too much. Typically it's inside and up 3 or 4 flights of stairs. Have done a few like that and you're like a zombie for three days afterwards and you can't pay me enough for that.
    Have been getting very picky about which removals I will do. Get burned just once or twice and you get that way.

Wish I had twenty bucks for every time I get a call from someone with a bee tree that thinks they're going to get a free tree removal just for the bees. Have met some doozies and it happens every two weeks or so. So I'm done with bee trees. Urbana, Illinois is "Tree City USA" and dang they got a lot of feral bees. I'm well-stocked anyway.
    Internet credibility is an oxymoron

LA area we do $150 for a half hour or $250 an hour. Never charge flat rate. You never know what is inside that wall/attic, and you never know when the stupid homeowner did something really weird. "it is only a day old!" usually means it is 10+ years and they want a deal. Terminix charges $250 flat rate if they don't have to climb anything, and they leave all the poison and honey behind. If it is in a wall you then need to pay $200 toxic waste dump, and a contractor around $400 to deal with the poison. I find my prices are fair to do bee removals full time.
    Last edited by Verick369; 01-08-2017 at 08:09 PM.

Must be nice, out here a "bee hive in wall, come take them out and their your's" last all of 5 min in Craig's list

Quote Originally Posted by msl View Post
    Must be nice, out here a "bee hive in wall, come take them out and their your's" last all of 5 min in Craig's list
    In my experience you need $200 monthly bee removal insurance, a solid "do not sue me" contract which costs around $600 to be written, along with all the proper tools and experience. Then, when you are done you have around a 30-50% chance to actually keep the bees. If someone wants to go through all that for free then they can be my guest. I can sit down in my apiary and make a split in 5 or so mins. I don't need the bees that badly.

Worst case scenario you get someone stung, or you accidentally hit something in the wall (pipes or wires), and now you just paid a couple grand to catch bees that took off a week later.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123